July highlights
Another busy month in our household. Besides the posts on my painting workshop and Justin's birthday, here's what we had going on...
At the beginning of the month we celebrated the 4th of July at Jim and Kathy's, complete with fireworks in their cul-de-sac. I know it's hot but I love summertime and the fun get-togethers we have. In the past year or so however a few of our neighbors have moved away, had babies or are otherwise occupied, so it's not the same as it was. But we can always count on Jim and Kathy to be up for enjoying a cold beverage poolside with us.
Eat. Sleep. Football. That's Justin's life this month, as it was in June and will continue to be for a few more months. This month he went on a 6-night retreat with the Frosh and JV football team to Winslow (a few miles east of Flagstaff) to do some rigorous training with them. Although the physical conditioning was certainly good for him, even more invaluable was the time he spent with his teammates bonding. He had a blast but also worked hard. After he returned he continued to train in the school's weight room daily - what a dedicated kid!
We also celebrated Justin's 14th birthday. How time flies! We didn't do anything mind-blowing, but you can read here about how well we ate. Is that a sign of my age? That I get excited about what I'm eating? LOL.
Eric has been working hard at the tire shop. No big news on the Navy yet, still in a holding pattern.
Terry went to Lake Tahoe! Every year his company has an incentive trip there and they've had him go for I think three years now. He did work, but he got to play too. Lots of bonding with the boss and co-workers as well. Oh yes, and won another trip to Hawaii. How awesome is that?
Terry also handed down his old Malibu to Eric, and got himself a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I don't have a photo of his car, but here's what it looks like - pretty sweet!
Here's what August will bring us...
At the beginning of the month we celebrated the 4th of July at Jim and Kathy's, complete with fireworks in their cul-de-sac. I know it's hot but I love summertime and the fun get-togethers we have. In the past year or so however a few of our neighbors have moved away, had babies or are otherwise occupied, so it's not the same as it was. But we can always count on Jim and Kathy to be up for enjoying a cold beverage poolside with us.
Eat. Sleep. Football. That's Justin's life this month, as it was in June and will continue to be for a few more months. This month he went on a 6-night retreat with the Frosh and JV football team to Winslow (a few miles east of Flagstaff) to do some rigorous training with them. Although the physical conditioning was certainly good for him, even more invaluable was the time he spent with his teammates bonding. He had a blast but also worked hard. After he returned he continued to train in the school's weight room daily - what a dedicated kid!
We also celebrated Justin's 14th birthday. How time flies! We didn't do anything mind-blowing, but you can read here about how well we ate. Is that a sign of my age? That I get excited about what I'm eating? LOL.
Eric has been working hard at the tire shop. No big news on the Navy yet, still in a holding pattern.
Terry went to Lake Tahoe! Every year his company has an incentive trip there and they've had him go for I think three years now. He did work, but he got to play too. Lots of bonding with the boss and co-workers as well. Oh yes, and won another trip to Hawaii. How awesome is that?
Terry also handed down his old Malibu to Eric, and got himself a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I don't have a photo of his car, but here's what it looks like - pretty sweet!
Here's what August will bring us...
- Trip to Europe for me (business but with some playtime)
- Back to school for Justin
- First Freshman football game for Justin


Comments
Post a Comment